Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Incredible Fishing!

Yesterday I went fishing with my dad and our long time friend Jeff Currier. He is an incredible fly fisherman. Actually one of the best in the world. It's always a ton of fun being with him. Watching him fish was incredible, how much he knew and how good he is was the coolest thing in the world. We went to the Last Chance stretch of the Henry's Fork where we slayed the big Rainbows, Jeff caught one that was probably 22 inches and I caught one that was about 20. My dad caught a 15 incher and broke off a big one. I hooked into a fish that was easily 20 inches and it was a pig, I fought it for about 10 seconds and then the hook literally broke in half. Currier said this is a very rare thing so that was frustrating. But this was by far my best fishing experience to date and I will definitely be back at that stretch of River. Incredible Day all around! There's absolutely no way me or my dad could have caught a fish without Currier there. Were lucky to have him as a friend. I look forward to fishing with him again in August with the rest of the fam!

No comments:

Post a Comment